Computer Angels was born out of the experience of Peter Strong, an accomplished computer specialist. Peter had just returned to the UK in 2004 after a decade of working on the continent with such names as UBS and Merrill Lynch, and his very first purchase was a PC for use at home.
- To support trading room staff, diagnosing and resolving their IT issues with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office and other software.
- To maintain and prepare PC’s, laptops, printers, switches and other network equipment.
- System Administration of Windows Server including: Active directory, DHCP, DNS, Hypervisor, roaming profiles.
- Administration of security software such as Watchguard Firewall, Kaspersky Administration Server.
- Resolving client issues when clients cannot connect to the trading platform.
- Support and maintain Telecoms Infrastructure (Mitel).
- Responsibility for Service Requests (e.g. new starters, moves, leavers).
- Ensure IT documentation is kept up to date.
Desired Skills required:
- Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of security software such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Able to produce documentation (technical and non-technical).
- Excellent communication skills.
Personal Qualities Required:
- Must exhibit enthusiasm with a “can do” attitude.
- A constant desire to progress and learn.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- 5 A-C's including Maths and English
Full time position available at the end of the apprenticeship