IT Helpdesk Apprentice
OnIT are an IT Support Company based in Chesham and have been trading for over 18 years and have built up a business servicing over 200 clients. The clients start from a single user up to 80 users. We support a range of industries and no two days are the same.
We have an office in Chesham where our remote support is serviced from. However, from time to time there may be some on-site visits required.
We have had a junior role in our business for the past 10 years as we feel as a company we can offer the right environment for an individual who is passionate about IT to learn in.
We have a wide knowledge base within our business and allow the apprentice to assist with jobs and projects that they would like to learn more about.
Main role and Responsibilities:
- Answering the phone to assist with remote IT support
- Build new machines
- Taking ownership of a helpdesk ticket and seeing it through
- Monitor systems for alerts
- Manage communication between customers and internal parties
- It is important that you are a team player but are also able to work alone and use your initiative.
- We ask for an enthusiastic individual who is able to get on with a task that they are given, but should the need arise they are able to ask for assistance.
- We require a punctual & reliable individual.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
Monday - Friday / 9:00 - 6:00 / 40 hours per week.
Potential career progression.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.