IT Helpdesk Apprentice- Bridge of Don (AB23) - 1584
This is a large enterprise environment of approximately 3000 users.
Working as part of a Major international Oil and Gas company, you will be on the frontline for all UK users and will also be the first response for any internal technical and computing issues.
The candidate will be responsible for logging all interactions with the client at all levels via telephone and e-mail, as well as providing remote first-line support in a mixed Windows/Exchange environment.
- Logging and categorising customer interactions concisely and efficiently, while taking ownership and following these up to completion
- Keeping administration of User Accounts using Active Directory
- First line, remote troubleshooting and first time fix when possible. Key technologies:Exchange 2010, Office 2010, Windows 7, Citrix XenApp
- You will be dealing with internal company users and problem solving and diagnosing technical issues
- Required to be confident, enthusiastic and possess excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Background knowledge of the Oil &Gas industry
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7/10 in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- You will be confident, assertive and have a fantastic track record with time management
- A passion for IT is key to the success of the role
- You will have excellent time and organizational management skills and must have the willingness to be part of a successful team
5 National grades are essential and Highers in computing or a science would be preferable
Other Important Information
Daily working hours - Monday-Friday, 35hrs per week
Sign-up or log in to apply