We’re a forward-looking MSP – Managed Service Provider.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual.
You’ll be working alongside some very experienced IT professionals and dealing with a huge range of different clients. Your mentor will have started his career as an apprentice here at iTeam and is now the Engineering Team Leader.
The possibilities to progress in the IT industry are boundless, especially in cyber security – you’ll get a good grounding in cyber security for small businesses and in this ever-changing landscape, who knows where you will be?
Main role and responsibilities:
- Answer incoming telephone calls to support in line with current procedures.
- Log new incidents into the helpdesk database ready for allocation to a technician.
- Update customers with existing incidents when required.
- Make an initial diagnosis of faults from information provided by the customer.
- Provide advice and/or initial fix for faults where possible.
- Update reference documentation including knowledgebase articles and device/site maps.
After further training you will move on to:
- Assist with hardware and software installations at iTeam.
- Assist with onsite installation services to clients.
- Administer Active Directory and Office365.
- Liaise with our 3rdparty service providers.
- Use our advanced support tools to provide our service to clients.
- Troubleshoot and support business networking environments.
Desired skills and experience:
These are desirable:
- Good knowledge of desktop operating systems.
- Some knowledge of server operating systems.
- Some knowledge of Internet based communication technologies.
The following are essential:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Able to communicate technical instructions to all levels.
- Highly customer focused.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- An active interest in IT, electronics, cyber security.
- The ability to remain calm and friendly under pressure.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Some or all of the following are desirable:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous experience supporting IT applications and/or communications technologies.
- Front line telephone support to external customers.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday, 40hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.