Founded in 1901, Ryecroft Glenton focuses on delivering exceptional financial and strategic advice. For over 100 years we have helped our clients adapt to change and exploit innovation.
We are here today to help you navigate the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow.
To support Ryecroft Glenton users and visiting clients with any 1st line issues relating to their IT and communications equipment.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Act as a single point of contact for helpdesk calls and emails.
- Manage calls and accurately perform initial ticket review within the Helpdesk Ticketing system, escalating where appropriate.
- Take ownership of user issues, follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance and training on approved software utilised on Ryecroft Glenton IT systems.
- Build, configure and install hardware and software for Ryecroft Glenton IT systems.
- Create and maintain file structures on file server including permissions control.
- Provide documentation for self-help, known issues and workarounds to staff and IT colleagues.
- Assist in the management of IT consumables life cycle.
- Assist with the provision of IT within Boardrooms and meeting rooms where necessary.
- Assist with the maintenance of IT and Facilities inventory list.
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Good organisation and personal time management.
- Good level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skill for interactions with team members and clients.
- Good understanding of MS Office 365 suite and AD account management.
- Ability to carry out manual handling of equipment during install and office moves.
- Experience preferred but not essential.
Minimum Requirements for Promotion:
- Minimum 1 year at current position
- Positive rating on Performance Appraisal / Personal Development Review by Manager
- Shows proficiency at next level – Helpdesk Analyst
All subject to availability and partner approval.
Minimum requirement one of the following:
- At least 2 GCSEs, or equivalent, at grade C or above, preferably in English and ICT.
- Enrolled upon a recognised IT training course with a UK accredited training provider.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties or responsibilities associated with the position.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.