IT Information Systems Analyst Degree Apprentice - Stevenage
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Armed Forces
- Stevenage remove
MBDA offers a four-year degree programme for its Information Systems (IS) apprentices, the programme is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a growing IT systems team and gain hands on experience within IS, responsible in the delivery of Business and Enterprise applications within MBDA.
What you will be doing
You will study towards a Business Studies Degree at the University of Hertfordshire on a day release. The remainder of the week will be spent within our IT systems function undertaking rotational placements with a key focus on IS business support, whilst earning a competitive salary and access to all of the company benefits.
This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification, as well as gain hands on experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
In addition to IS, short placements will be undertaken within Information Management (IT department) to aid your understanding of IT systems within MBDA.
You will work on some digital projects which include; Cloud computing, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Agile Projects – (based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration across different MBDA functions).
You will also have the opportunity to participate in IS strategy activities that impact the entire organisation.
As well as challenging placements you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- 2 x 1 week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- 2 two day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning & development, managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded Chartered Managers Degree apprenticeship
- 5 days per year paid study time for exam preparation
- On the job training and technical support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- Personal development events and experiences
- Flexi Time scheme
- 25 days holiday plus all statutory and public holidays
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you?
- Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either:
- BTEC extended diploma (DDM) in any subject OR
- 3 A-Levels in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- A keen interest in IT systems (demonstrated in your application form)
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments
What you would get:
£14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4000 dependant on your performance in placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime as required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
Sign-up or log in to apply