IT Infrastructure Apprentice
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. which is one of the largest private companies in the world. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide.
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Apprentice to be based at our Gloucester Site, someone who is keen to work as part of a global multidisciplinary IT team. This is a varied support role in a very rewarding environment that requires building strong relationships with the site users. If you have great problem-solving skills, are a great communicator with a proactive attitude and ultimately get a real buzz out of going the extra mile for users, this is the role for you.
- 1st and 2nd Line Support to site-based users - You will be the pathway and the initial contact for any issues and problems encountered by our users.
- Ticket Management - Taking required action for tickets and incidents raised. You will need to identify; prioritize and action all received alerts and incidents.
- Support & Maintenance of Client hardware, Print and Network equipment.
- In addition to your technical work, you will provide advice and coaching to our customers to ensure that they feel confident and comfortable using the IT resources available.
- Excellent customer handling and inter-personal skills, and the ability to cope with change and adapt quickly to a new and developing type of service delivery.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with personnel from different teams within the company.
- A native aptitude for technology.
- Ability to work your way around a problem, finding a solution where others fail.
- The ability to work proactively with good planning and organization skills.
- Experience of problem solving within a technical environment.
- A suitable level of technical knowledge for Microsoft, Apple and networking technologies.
- You must possess excellent all-round skills in information & communication technology environments.
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Great Communicator
- Proactive attitude
- Aptitude for IT
3 GCSE (Or equivalent) at Grade A-C (7- 4) in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or Equivalents) at D (3) grade or above.
- 8:30am -5pm, Monday - Thursday
- 8:30am - 4pm on, Fridays.
With 30 minutes for lunch each day.
39hrs per week.
- Life Assurance: a payment of 6 times base pay for death in service.
- Long Term Disability Plan.
- Employees can also join the BUPA Medical Plan. Individual employee cover is paid for by the company. Employees can pay additional premiums to join immediate family members.
- INVISTA offers a Cycle to Work Scheme.
- INVISTA provides free parking at the Gloucester site.
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Career progression will be available for the right IT Apprentice.
- Travel and work opportunities to overseas offices.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.