An excellent opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join our friendly team working in our IT department at their Worthing facility in West Sussex.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Technician Apprentice to come in and work in a fast-paced business.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support to our desktop and infrastructure engineers by logging support calls and dealing with any customer queries that may arise. The role also includes assisting with day to day administration within the company.
The IT Infrastructure Apprentice will provide first and second line support to users across the organisation and assist the IT services team to deliver a quality service. This role will be ideal for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to continue develop their IT knowledge, skills and career opportunities in a supportive environment.
[Some travel to other site in Southwater may be required.]
Duties & responsibilities:
- Support the IT Infrastructure Team to handle the day to day user requests from service desk system, Ticketing & Installations and Upgrades.
- Work alongside the IT Infrastructure Team on the Applications, Telephony, Infrastructure and Systems so they meet current and future needs.
- Work in conjunction with the IT Infrastructure Team to support them in the day to day activities and projects.
- Following the departments working practices, standards and ethos.
- Escalating any IT issues or challenges to the senior members of the team
- Troubleshooting support calls which have been logged on the IT Service Desk.
Desired skills and qualities:
- A genuine interest in technology and developing a career within the industry.
- A keen interest for I.T systems support environment.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- Competent in the setup and basic problem solving of networked PCs, printers and associated hardware.
- Proficient in the use of various business application software packages, e.g., Microsoft Exchange, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Proven experience of Windows Operating Systems, Win10 and Legacy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- Good organisational skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- Accountable for driving personal continued professional development, in line with the Bowers & Wilkins Investors in People model and IT requirements.
Minimum 5 GCSE Grades (C and above) or equivalent, including Maths and English
Benefits: [The basic benefits are:]
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Onsite canteen
Employment is permanent and not just for the duration of your apprenticeship. We strive to continually develop our employees so if you show aptitude and enthusiasm the prospects are endless.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.