Blessed William Howard is a thriving, semi-rural, 11-18 Catholic School. The school are fully supportive of staff – provide access to childcare vouchers as part of the salary scheme, negotiate discounts with our excellent canteen and create the conditions for staff to feel secure and happy.
This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to gain ‘hands on’ experience and relevant nationally recognised qualifications. This will provide you with the skills required for a wide range of jobs including IT Technician with audio visual, IT Clerk, digital assistant and website technician.
Find out more on our jobs page – www.bwh.staffs.sch.uk
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• Developing, testing and implementing IT solutions to improve the school’s teaching & learning
• Involvement in Ethernet based TCP/IP networking and wireless networking
• Administering a Windows domain with an Azure cloud component
• Routine maintenance and repair of computers
• Assisting with the installation of hardware and software
• Trouble shooting and configuration of Microsoft Windows servers and client computers in a domain including use of group policy
• Assisting with the deployment of iOS devices, typically iPad Air and Enterprise wide iOS administration using Apple products
• Assisting with the maintenance and operation of the multi-site print management system
• Setting up and using Audio Visual equipment such as multimedia projectors and visualisers
• Helping and training others to make effective use of IT systems and software
• Supporting parents and students with common IT use problems
• Assisting others with the use of common software applications such as Microsoft Office
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to travel between the schools
• Commitment to further development through training
• A demonstrable interest and passion for it support work
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
8.30am - 4.30pm,
35 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£7,150 per annum
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
Flexibility on the working hours
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.