The Harris Partnership is one of the largest architectural practices in the UK listed in the AJ100 Top Architects rankings with a national network of offices located in Wakefield, Manchester, London, Reading and Milton Keynes where we employ some of the most dedicated Architects, Technical Designers, Interior Designers, Project Managers, Graphics Support staff and 3D Visualisers in the industry.
Our Wakefield office offers a vibrant working environment and you will be part of a team of people who will assist you and help you gain the necessary experience.
There is the opportunity for the candidate to visit the other offices on a regular basis should they wish.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT apprentice to work with one of Yorkshires leading Architects in our Wakefield office. The successful candidate will be working as part of the IT support team assisting us with our I.T systems while gaining the necessary qualifications and receiving on-site training in addition to attending College.
There is an opportunity to progress within the company after suitable training has been completed and experience has been gained.
Main role and responsibilities:
- PC Hardware & Software installation, setup and maintenance
- PC Hardware & Software troubleshooting and Helpdesk responsibilities
- Data backup, archiving and restoring
- Network Security both LAN and WAN plus Antivirus and firewalls
- I.T Infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Server set up
- Our users mainly use Microsoft Office, Autodesk Autocad, Autodesk Revit, Adobe Photoshop/ Indesign and Autodesk 3ds Max, the candidate will be expected, after training, to support our users on problems with these.
- We are introducing a new system into the office called Rapport3, the Apprentice will assist in the set up and troubleshooting of this new software and will become the office ‘expert’.
- Enthusiastic individual
- Good time keeping skills
- Someone who is able to work as part of a team and also on their own when necessary
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential
- Knowledge of Autocad, Revit, Photoshop, 3dsmax would be an advantage
- Above anything we would like someone who is keen to learn and show initiative and problem solving skills when necessary
- 2 A-Levels or equivalent
- 5 GCSE including Maths and English
- Preferably a qualification in an IT related subject
The starting Apprenticeship salary will £11,800 and will reviewed annually.
- We have a company bonus scheme
- We have a company pension scheme
- We are in close proximity to Wakefield centre where various shops, cafes, restaurants and fitness centres are within walking distance of the office
- The office has secure cycle storage and shower facilities for those cycling or running to work
After the initial Apprenticeship is completed, we would be looking to employ the apprentice on a full time basis with additional training where necessary to progress within the company.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.