*PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HOLD A FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE AND HAVE A VEHICLE OR BE WORKING TOWARDS TAKING YOUR DRIVING TEST. EXPENCES WILL BE COVERED.*
Founded in November 2000 New Horizon Systems has over the past 15 years grown into a fast paced company with an outstanding reputation for providing quality products with exceptional customer service.
Providing a strong local service in Kent, Essex, South, North, East London our attitude of putting our customers first has served the company well over the years and led to its growth.
New Horizons are looking for an apprentice IT Engineer to join our team. Being able to work as a part of team, you will be trained on installing, servicing and maintaining Epos equipment, chip and pin terminals, Desktop hardware and associated software issues. In addition, troubleshooting, pre-installation checks and software installation you will learn how to train new users and complete paperwork.
Vacancy Description: (Main responsibilities)
Hardware & Software Support
- Provide hardware and Software support to pre-sales and post-sales Cash Registers and Epos Customers via telephone, email and remotely via TeamViewer or other remote systems.
- To undertake onsite visits when required to resolve hardware and software issues which can’t be resolved without a customer visit.
- Test all new hardware which arrives at the office and perform pre-installation upgrades and ensure system is tested fully before going onsite. All issues to be dealt directly with Manufacturers.
- Report all software issues direct to relevant suppliers and proactively work to provide solutions and ensure communication is maintained with customers.
- Upgrade software patches to customer either remotely or by site visit and provide training if required.
Installation and Training
- Install all equipment in accordance with agreed customer requirements and provide training on the chosen epos software.
- Build a good working relationship with customers and provide professional training so staffs feel confident in using the system.
- Produce where needed adequate training manuals and documentation to support customer training needs.
- Install all additional software or hardware as agreed with customer at the time of order
- On confirmation of order to liaise fully with the customer over the exact programming requirements.
- Fully programme and test cash registers or EPOS system prior to go out on rent or installation.
PDQ Integration and support
- Ongoing development of your career will involve installation of card terminals.
- Should be able to handle cloud based rental software and maintain all the rental tills and epos going out for hire.
- Maintenance of rental equipment in the warehouse and keeping track of stock.
- Repair of the damaged tills when required.
- Adhoc admin
- Proactive when working - happy to go above and beyond to complete duties
- Superb customer service skills
- Ability to be reactive when working in high pressure situations.
- Interested in all aspects of IT and not just first line help desk support
They are looking for ambitious, hardworking, think out of the box individuals who are customer focused and willing to learn.
- A-levels, or equivalent qualification in IT related subject
- Future Prospects:
- Full time IT role
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.