As a boy, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed was captivated by the power, elegance, speed and grace of horses. As a young man, he and his friends rode bareback races on the sands of Jumeirah Beach.
Every modern thoroughbred traces its beginnings to Arabia and the original Arabian stallions that came from East to West - one of which gives Godolphin its name.
The love of horses is in the DNA of Dubai. As the city has grown, the passion for racing has grown with it. The same pioneering spirit that you see in modern Dubai is felt in Godolphin, constantly looking forward, relentlessly innovating.
Today Team Godolphin spans across four continents, from our home in Dubai to Europe, Australia, Japan and America. Every one of us dreaming, planning, working - doing everything in our power to discover, nurture and train the perfect horse.
Racing is the ultimate team sport. Godolphin is the expression of a shared global passion - for the speed and beauty of these magnificent animals.
The apprentice will be the first point of contact for the department and provide support on a wide range of IT issues to approximately 120+ users in the UK and Ireland.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities:
- To work to complete the IT Systems & Networking Level 4 Apprenticeship, with an option to possibly continue to higher levels
- Log IT Helpdesk calls on the central helpdesk system and monitor progress to completion
- Provide relevant and timely support with IT related issues
- Ensure User data and systems are maintained correctly
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software faults on standard user workstations (including desktop / laptop, printer and networking)
- Build an understanding of back office and production systems, as well as assisting with repairs
- Effective planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take responsibility for User service provision
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a small team
- A self-motivated individual with a desire to learn
- You will have a genuine interest in Information Technology and particularly in computer networking
- You should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Able to explain your thought process and approach to solving a given problem
- The ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with all levels of the organisation
- You will be motivated to complete the Level 4 apprenticeship at the highest level and be seeking to pursue a career in IT Systems and Networking
- A Level 3 IT qualification or equivalent
- A-Levels or equivalent qualification or work experience
£16,000 per annum is the starting salary, with the opportunity to increase to £18,000 per annum.
Full time position or further progression.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.