IT Network Apprentice post will give you an excellent base towards a career in IT. This is a great opportunity to earn, learn and develop whilst also working towards a fantastic qualification. CFGS is offering the chance for an ambitious candidate to become a full-time IT Network Apprentice in our busy and exciting organisation and work towards completing a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship qualification. The role provides an opportunity to build a solid knowledge in all aspects of the schools IT systems and operations. You will have access to industry standard engineers and the latest Office365 cloud technology.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service while working in a collaborative environment with a focus on helping people resolve issues and problems as the first point of contact.
- Investigate, resolve and escalate technical issues to senior IT technicians from Help Desk support.
- Prepare IT equipment for new users on both Mac & PC platforms.Create and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all IT assets across the School, including tracking the issue and return of IT equipment loaned to users on joining or leaving the School
- Support the upkeep of the IT Network working with wifi, switches, routers, firewalls and servers.
- Provide ad-hoc support to classes and meetings including preparation and setup for presentations.
- Maintain all Audio Visual and other classroom equipment e.g. projectors and SmartBoards.
- Maintain printers and photocopiers, re-ordering toner cartridges and liaising with engineers on call outs.
- Supporting applications such as Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Microsoft OneDrive and Microsoft Teams.
- Maintain virus software on desktops and deal with installation errors and warning alerts.
- Work closely with facilities colleagues to meet the requirements for new user setups and classroom and office changes and reorganisations.
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (9-4)
- 2 A Levels A*-C