By making the relevant technologies available over the internet from a web browser, we were de-risking the companies live systems and helping improve skills at the same time. As time passed by and online IT training became more mainstream, we realised that we could provide those new to the industry with a platform to help them gain those hands-on skills that are so vital.
We now continue to develop and improve the platform to meet the needs of our ever-growing customer base and learners.
The apprentice will become part of a shift pattern working 2:00pm to 10:00pm, Monday to Friday, with supervision. The role will see the apprentice working 9am-5pm for the first 4-6 weeks whilst they are trained on the basic operations and then move into the shift with another support team member.
The apprentice will primarily provide 2nd line end user support through the support portal ticketing system via email and telephone. Identification of root cause and remediation to Practice Labs to enhance the learner journey not only retrospectively but pro-actively, looking to improve the platform for our customers and to reduce overall ticket numbers by implementing process improvements.
You’ll be working closely with the Product and Development team as new products and new features are released providing your platform knowledge and expertise to enhance the end user experience.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- 2ndline end user support via ticketing platform through email and telephone
- Monitoring and feedback to 1stline offshore support team
- Local office desktop support to internal staff
- Basic data centre operations duties
- Virtual machine configuration changes
- Product-ware content changes
- Platform application testing
- Out-of-hours support
- System monitoring and health alert response
- Incident investigation
- Implement process improvements
- Virtual Machine installation experience
- Windows, Linux operating system experience
- Network Level 3 or 4 and/or Technical apprenticeship experience
- Ability to build PC from scratch
- Team player
- Customer Service
- Communication skills
- Taking Initiative to prioritise workload
- GCSE's including Maths and English
- Any previous IT Qualifications/Apprenticeship/Extended Diploma
2:00pm to 10:00pm, Monday to Friday, with supervision.
[Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm for the first 4-6 weeks]
- Higher Level Apprenticeship
- Full-time position
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.