IT Network Engineer Apprentice - Ascot (SL5) - 9412
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant company. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A young, friendly company based in Ascot, Berks, who specialise in getting the best from cutting edge technologies to deliver innovative tech solutions rapidly.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
Your role will be to?
- Support the internal network and VPNs
- Support data gathering via SMB, FTP and SFTP
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Provide 2nd level support to circa 20 users
- Implement and support network structures including patch panels, cabling and wireless routers
- Log all problems and system backups
- Deal with the management of multiple servers
- Keep critical local engineering IT systems available to an agreed schedule, may involve limited weekend or out of hours work
- Monitor and troubleshoot external network and platform suppliers such as IVRs, PSPs and external cloud based systems from suppliers
- Support the rollout of our new VoIP call centre system
- Build, configure, troubleshoot and optimise servers for clients
- Help build and configure self-service touchscreens, kiosks and systems for sale
- Write and maintain network documentation
- Maintain, upgrade, monitor and manage local engineering IT services including ( not limited to)infrastructure, file, application and backup servers
Are you a bit of a problem-solver?Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice ( all debt free! ) Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
- Advanced Apprenticeship Infrastructure Technician Level 3 ( equivalent to A- level educational level) , MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals, MTA Cloud Fundamentals, One Microsoft MOC on demanded course
The ideal candidate will be?
- Passionate about IT and future tech
- Someone with experience fixing other people' s IT issues or, building your own hardware and tech projects
- Someone with experience programming, even as a hobby
- Someone who can work alone and in a team
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades ( C and above)or equivalent, including Maths and English
- Daily working hours are from 8: 30am-5: 30pm, Monday-Friday, with some out of hours work as needed
- A starting salary of GBP 14,000
- 25 days holiday per annum
- You will gain a bonus after a successful completion of the apprenticeship and passing of industry exams relevant to the courses taken
- You gain annual bonuses
You' ll become a network engineer with your salary rising to GBP 18,000.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Sign-up or log in to apply