IT Repair Technician Apprentice - Eask Kilbride (G75) - 9426
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
- Glasgow remove
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant company. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for...
An IT Repair firm based in East Kilbride.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
In this role, you will?
- Work with iPads, iPhones, iWatches and various other devices
- Be dealing with disassembly and assembly of consumer electronics
- Diagnosing and fault finding
- Upgrade software and hardware
- Replace external battery, charger &power adapter, earphones, cable, etc
- Repair the faulty terminals by replacing the board
- Replace exterior parts etc. and ensure that the device meets Huawei new host standards
- Replace damaged screens/parts
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering:Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have?
- Good knowledge of MAC/iOS
- Experience of repairing and using smart phones / tablets
- A passion for IT and technology
- Good problem solving skills
- A logical and analytical approach
- A enthusiastic and self-motivated personality
- A willingness to learn
- 5 standards ( Level 1 - 3)OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
The daily working hours are from Monday-Friday, 9: 00am to 5: 30pm ( or variation of)37.5hrs p/w
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship?
You will have the opportunity to continue with the company through learning and development, progressing to next level of modern apprenticeship.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Sign-up or log in to apply