IT Security and Privacy Apprentice
Established in 2006 in Newcastle UK, Nigel Frank has rapidly grown into the global leader in Microsoft recruitment. With additional offices in London, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Melbourne and Singapore, we offer our Microsoft Partner and End User client’s unparalleled access to the widest range of high calibre candidates.
As part of our Information Security & Privacy team, you will play a vital role in supporting, and improving the businesses overall IT & Privacy security posture.
You will report directly to our Chief Information Security Officer and work closely with the wider IT departments.
Your day-to-day activities will consist of managing IT security & data privacy related service requests and incidents within SLAs, while conducting a number of data privacy tasks.
- Responsible for logging and capturing all IT Security & Data Privacy requests in our Service Management Platform.
- Respond to service requests & incidents within SLA, via email and telephone.
- Escalate any IT security or data privacy requests to the relevant IT department to ensure SLAs are achieved.
- Ensure our processes are followed, records maintained and recommend process improvements.
- Assist with audits, data protection impact assessments, user training, awareness campaigns and other IT & Data Privacy related tasks.
Desired skills & experience:
- A general understanding of IT Security including, SSO, MFA, Web Proxy, Anti-Virus, Patch Management, VPN etc.
- An understanding of IT Security Frameworks such as SANS
- Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA and other Data Privacy regulations
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting
- A strong attitude and drive for a career in IT & Data Privacy Security
- Enthusiastic, passionate and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work independently with a willingness to learn new technologies & Data Privacy Regulations
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- ITIL v3 Foundation, [preferred]
- MTA Desktop Support, [preferred]
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.