IT Service Desk Analyst Apprentice
Gigaclear is a high growth company delivering fibre-optic broadband to underserved rural communities in England. Started in 2010, the company is expanding rapidly across England. With head offices based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire and a significant proportion of staff based in the field Gigaclear currently has over 450 employees and is pursuing ambitious growth plans.
The IT Service Desk is part of the Gigaclear Technology Department working alongside the Networks and Systems and Development teams. The team is responsible for supporting all our internal customer’s computer & telephony needs as well as the internal office IT infrastructure.
- Find a way - we will work together to deliver market-leading solutions and provide customer service excellence to our communities
- Do the right thing - we always base our decisions on what we believe is fair, considerate and in the best interest of our customers and our colleagues
- Be committed - we are all accountable for our actions and work relentlessly with our many customers to deliver on our promises
- Keep it simple - we take potentially complex and confusing information and we make it easy for everyone to understand
Purpose of the job:
Our IT Service Desk is the fundamental enabler of our business. You will be supporting internal customers at all levels of the business with their day-to-day computing needs and will therefore need strong communication skills to compliment your technical skills and experience.
Daily you will:
- Offer customer support
- Administer IT systems
- Manage hardware stock levels
- Play an active role in the on-boarding and off-boarding of staff across all departments
Working as part of a small and busy team you will support other team members as required to provide first-class customer focused service.
Based in Abingdon, the team provide first and second line support for our internal customers’ IT needs at our Head Office, as well as our Regional offices. Mostly this is done remotely, but occasional travel to other offices may be required from time to time.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for 1st line support, both in person and remotely via MS Teams, phone and remote access tools
- Assist with IT projects such as roll outs and changes, i.e laptop refreshes, changes to telephony systems, video conferencing
- Windows 10 support, all aspects of the OS, including antivirus, patch management
- Support for mobile telephony (incl. tablets), configuration of devices using inTune
Ticket queue management
- 1st line ticket triage
- Front office telephony support (Call centre), management of user base, changes to IVR etc.
- AD, Office365 & email administration
Knowledge & Skills: [what we are looking for:]
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical issues to non-technical customers.
- Experience utilising an ITIL based service management tool for ticket management.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to prioritise and manage workloads effectively.
- Mobile OS (iPhone, Android & iPad) support experience.
- Windows 10 support in a domain environment.
It will be highly desirable to be able to drive / have your own car as supporting our remote offices will be a main factor of the role.
- SharePoint On-Line (365) experience
- Apple Mac Support experience (limited amount within business)
- Awareness of cloud based environments
- Process & Documentation skills
- Awareness of ITIL processes.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.