WD-40 Company is a global organisation dedicated to creating positive lasting memories by developing and selling products which solve problems in workshops, factories and homes around the world.
The Service Desk Apprentice position exists to provide effective 1st level support to the European offices.
Working in the I.T Department, the Service Desk Apprentice should be a well-organised person who enjoys dealing with people, solving problems and completing tasks.
In this role, the Service Desk Apprentice will work alongside the Service Desk Supervisor and Service Desk Analyst to develop their technical knowledge to become an integral part of the Service Desk Team.
The Service Desk Apprentice is a flexible all-rounder who has the willingness to learn new skills and who is dedicated to performing their role to the highest standard whilst studying and completing apprenticeship examinations to the same standard in parallel.
Main role and responsibilities:
1st line support:
- Providing support on any software or hardware issues which get reported - Providing the support remotely or face to face within a set SLA relevant to priority.
- Working with relevant colleagues within the department of any tickets which need to be dealt with which needs to be escalated or assigned to an individual to be actioned.
Machine Renewals and Handovers:
- Imaging, configuring and handing over new devices to replace depreciated or malfunctioning devices for that fiscal year.
- Recycling depreciated devices.
- Installing various pieces of equipment such as monitors, printers, docks and other required equipment.
- Routinely checking and cross-referencing reports to ensure AV and Bit locker is enabled on our devices.
- Monitor Sophos to ensure there isn’t any quarantined items or issues.
- Monitor Windows versions across the business to ensure we are within the last two versions.
- Provide basic training to employee’s on new & existing solutions
- Take reasonability for sending & pickup of all Service Desk DHL packages
- Effective and clear communicator
- A creative thinker
- A positive attitude toward work and learning
- A drive to succeed
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.