Epoq IT provides IT services and support to a wide range of sectors and businesses of all sizes. We help our clients to remain safe, secure and compliant whilst helping to maintain their agility to deliver growth and innovation.
Since our launch in 2002, we have been involved in many maintenance projects across organisations with single and multiple sites and have provided strategic advice and installations support on many hardware and software systems.
We are known for our excellent customer service and respected for our understanding of budget and strategy, which lies at the forefront of our methodology.
You will be completing an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship. As part of a team, you will help provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; answering support queries via phone and email.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- As part of a team, check and maintain customer backups.
- Occasionally visit customer sites to provide onsite troubleshooting, support and hardware/software installations.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management/ITIL principles.
- As part of a team, take ownership of user faults and requests and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- As part of a team, log every fault and request as a separate ticket on the ticket logging system.
- As part of a team, support users in the use of Computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice.
- As part of a team, allocate and escalate relevant tickets to other members of the IT Support team when appropriate.
- As part of a team, arrange for external, third party, technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- To log all actions and time, in real-time, either on the appropriate customer ticket or directly on an electronic timesheet.
- To account for at least 7 hours per day via the timesheet.
- As part of a team, work on all tickets according to SLA events and priority.
- Submit weekly timesheet by the end of the first working day of the following week.
- Proactively communicate with the customer by phone and via the ticket during the life cycle of the support fault or request.
- Follow and adhere to all of the appropriate, documented procedures for all repeatable tasks.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to develop a good rapport with all customers and colleagues and present a helpful and co-operative manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration
5 GCSE's, grade A*-C, including Maths and English.
- Rockstar of the month award – Amazon vouchers for the ‘rockstar’
- Monthly personal time off rewards (based on group targets)
- Dress down Friday
- Music played in office
- Play Station 4
- Medical Insurance
- Pension (auto-enrolment – can opt out if desired)
- Company-wide bonus scheme
- Occasional overtime opportunities
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.