We help organisations use technology to achieve their long-term goals and objectives. As an IT solutions provider specialising in the development of simple, secure IT, we enable organisations to collaborate to meet their objectives and to grow. Our services span end-user computing, data centre services, security and more.
We are looking for someone to join our service desk team in our attractive offices, and form part of a small but lively development and support team. Full training will be provided, and there will always be possibilities for career development in this expanding business.
We are looking for someone who:
- has excellent time management and organisational skills
- has a flexible approach to work at all times and the commitment to ensure tasks are completed to a deadline.
- is able to respond quickly to changing priorities and work unsociable hours.
- has the ability to produce clear and concise working processes and procedures
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
Routine duties include but are not limited to;
- Acting as an initial point of contact for external and internal customers providing support to users; ensuring that all communications to the Desk, phone calls, e-mails etc. are answered promptly and in a professional and courteous manner.
- Provide alert/event management utilising a suite of monitoring tools.
- Follow agreed procedures and local work instructions (LWI) to enable effective service and support delivery responsibilities across a number of IT service functions in accordance with agreed SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Responsible for general incident management ensuring customers are provided with regular updates, and progression is made in line with Service Level Targets.
- Ensuring that all actions and diagnostics performed within life-cycle of incident is recorded accurately in the Service Management Tool and that the incidents/tickets are escalated to the 2nd Line Support team where appropriate and in a timely manner.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Passion about Service Delivery
- Analytical & Problem solving skills
- Excellent Time Management & organisational skills
- A flexible approach to work at all times and the commitment to ensure tasks are completed to deadline
- Able to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to produce clear and concise working processes and procedures.
- Ability to work proactively, under one’s own initiative
- Keenness to learn and progress professional career
Desired qualification requirements:
Must have 6 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades including Maths and English grade D/3 or Equivalent)
Working week: 4 days on 4 days off – 12 Hour Shifts. Shift pattern: Four 12 Hour Day shifts, followed by four days off, followed by four 12 Hour Night shifts, followed by a further four days off, etc.
Salary: £15,000 per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.