IT Service Desk Apprentice
Trust Systems is currently seeking a Service Desk Apprentice to be based at our head office on Tetbury Road in Cirencester, close to Cheltenham, Gloucester and Swindon. Working within our technical services team, this is a busy, important role, which will involve providing effective IT support to multiple customers who are based across several sites in the UK. The role will be varied as the business continues to grow, however initially it will involve managing supported customer service cases with plenty of potential for long-term progression into a specialist field such as networking, storage or server consultancy.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide 1st line technical support and excellent customer service
- Administer remote management and monitoring systems
- Managing tickets in line with SLA's (Escalation, logging and closure) ensuring all communication is logged into the CRM system against the ticket
- Presenting a complete audit trail whilst communicating updates to the customer
- Opportunities for innovation through developing in-house procedures with new tools and processes
- Help produce and maintain technical documentation via the Knowledgebase
- Liaise with engineers, contractors and customers regularly
- New equipment preparation
- Ensure compliance with Service Desk procedures
- Escalating calls to the designated ‘Escalation Points’ when appropriate, providing a full and concise record of the call and reason for escalation
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office
- Computer literate
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem analysis, solving, planning and prioritisation
- Attention to detail
Desired qualification requirements:
3 GCSE A-C or 9/4 plus English and Maths at a Grade D/3 or equivalents
37.5 hours per week – will eventually be on a 24 hour shift rota
£10,500 per annum, plus bonus.
Benefits of the role:
- Bonus of up to 10% (£1,050)
- 25 days holiday (+public)
- Private healthcare
- 4% company contribution pension
- Free lunch
There will be a permeant position offered to the right candidate.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.