A rare opportunity to work in the prestigious and rapidly expanding business that is Edinburgh Airport.
You will be working as part of a valued member in our talented IT Service Team. The role and team form the initial point of contact for Incident, Problem, Change and Request Management for users. You will have the opportunity to work and develop within all areas of the IT Team ( including the IT Operations and Network Teams)providing excellent levels of service in an exciting, dynamic and fast moving environment.
- Provide a consistently high quality IT service for Windows desktops, laptops, iPhones, iPads, and other business-critical hardware.
- Support end-user device operating systems and applications listed in the software catalogue such as Windows 7, Microsoft Office, and business applications.
- Provide assistance regarding general How To requests for help.
- Help the IT Service Team meet to exceed agreed SLAs and Customer Satisfaction scores.
- Follow ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Release and
- Request management.Excellent customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- A pro-active approach to problem solving
- High level of commitment and flexibility
- Willingness to learn about the wider Edinburgh Airport business
- An ability to work as part of a small and tight-knit team and to keep yourself updated on emerging IT related trends and technologies
- Experience of working within an IT Service Desk or 1st line support environment would be highly advantageous.
- Current, or studying for, IT / Professional qualifications
- Experience of Windows PCs and exposure to Microsoft Office.
- Excellent telephone skills plus an ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with users.
- 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Flexible working hours to support business during core hours 0800-1800 Monday to
- Friday. This is currently covered by rotating shifts ( 08: 00-16: 00, 09: 00-17: 00, 10: 00-
- 18: 00) .
- Working as part of the IT department the role requires direct and daily contact with IT
- users and business stakeholders at Edinburgh Airport
- Working with the wider IT Service team to meet SLAs with positive user feedback
QA' s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.