Founded in 2004, Sage Gateshead has an international reputation as a new centre for music combining performance, education and participation working across a wide range of musical genres and reaching a broad audience. It is also one of the region’s leading conference centres. Founded with a mixed business model, the charity’s turnover of £15million combines, box office, commercial, fundraised income with public subsidy.
We are looking for a competent ICT Helpdesk Technician/Degree Apprentice provide technical support for all ICT systems operated at Sage Gateshead.
The role forms a crucial part of an existing ICT team reporting directly to the Head of ICT.
You will complete a Degree Level 4, 5 and 6 apprenticeship.
Acting as the first point of call for all staff seeking technical support, an excellent Helpdesk technician will have good technical knowledge combined with excellent customer service skills.
This is a dynamic role that must continually adapt to the changing requirements of the business.
The successful applicant will be expected to work as part of an on call rota and some out of hour’s maintenance will be required.
1. Service Desk
• Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance (in person/phone/email)
• Manage support procedures for all end line users through the ICT Help Desk
• Ensure timely and effective support is consistently delivered
• React to faults relating to all ICT related Software & Infrastructure
• Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
• Perform remote troubleshooting
• Communicate/escalate faults to the rest of the ICT team where appropriate
• Liaise with external support and contractors where relevant
Other areas of work include:
2. Administration & Documentation
3. Support the day to day running of all ICT Systems
4. Training & Mentorship
5. Event Provision
• Good organisational and problem-solving skills together with the ability to operate within tight deadlines.
• An ability to build strong working relationships coupled with a proactive attitude to drive future developments.
• Good communication skills especially when explaining technical matters to non-technical minded people.
• Ability to work as part of a team and assist other members of the team with their roles from time to time.
• A-levels in a similar subject
• or a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
• or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject
• or a BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject (180 credits)
• You must not already hold a qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm
36 - 37.5hrs per week [includes out of office hours]
£17,945 - £19,677 per year,
£52 monthly on call payment for out of office hours.
We believe Sage Gateshead is a great place to work - an innovative and friendly environment, where no two days are ever the same.
We also offer subsidised parking for staff members, as well as a discount in our café, and access to a voluntary health cash plan, bike to work scheme, travel ticket scheme and auto-enrol pension
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.