Our client is a well-established growing organisation who support small and medium sized businesses across the Midlands and throughout the country with their IT and printing requirements.
Based in Coventry, they pride themselves on the IT support and assistance they provide for businesses in the local areas. They firmly believe that understanding IT is a big part of helping a Company move forward, by feeling confident and informed their clients can make IT work for them and streamline the way their business works.
The successful candidate will be joining a small but growing support team, providing 1st line assistance to their growing client base. You will gain experience of a wide range of skills within the IT industry allowing you to develop your career as an IT professional.
There will be an element of Software Development, as well as Infrastructure, so where applicable, extra training will be provided.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide first line technical support of hardware, software and network
- Answer support queries face-to-face, phone and email
- Log all calls on the call logging system
- Update and maintain records on the helpdesk system
- Keep users informed on the status and progress of faults
- Create and maintain documentation
- Explain and illustrate computer related issues in a jargon-free manor to non-experienced users
- Set up new users, provide logins, passwords, email addresses, email signatures and the appropriate access to network drives (including setting up remote working using mobile phones, tablets and laptops)
Desirable Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Hardworking, punctual and reliable
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Willingness to learn and work towards professional industry certifications
- Experience of supporting Office products including Office 365
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a varied and changing workload
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
Entry Requirements for programme:
- 5 GCSE’s, grade A-C
- General knowledge of Windows operating systems - Windows Desktop 7 / 8 / 10.
- You will have 22 days' paid holiday
- A 6 month pay review
- Flexible working and access to the Pension scheme.
Prospects are truly outstanding.
We are looking for a full time member of an ever growing team. This would provide the perfect springboard to an exciting and satisfying career with IT Support.
There's great mentoring within this company and you'll be treated like one of the family.
There is a full time role available upon completion of the Apprenticeship and the employer will support you in anything IT you would like to learn.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.