IT Service Desk Support Apprentice
Our client is one of Europe’s largest listed real estate investment companies with a portfolio valued at £13.7bn as of 31 March 2021.
They are a diverse, curious team that believes in shared success and enabling people to be themselves and work in ways they work best. Their Places and People have a commitment to treat everyone equally, irrespective of your age, sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, religious or other philosophical belief, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital or civil partner status, or pregnancy or maternity.
If you want to feel listened to and understood in an environment where your opinions count and your ideas are encouraged, you’ve come to the right place!
Are you looking to start your career in IT? Do you like solving problems, whilst learning new technologies and skills? This could be the role for you.
You will have a keen interest in technology and be able to quickly learn new skills. You will be passionate about excellent customer care and a keen interest in solving IT problems. You will be work with people of all levels of seniority, to tight deadlines, and be able to deftly manage your time and workload to ensure customer happiness and meet service level targets.
No two days are ever the same within this role, and the successful candidate will be expected to manage their time effectively. We will ask you to make suggestions for improving our support offering to customers. The role holder will also take part in a range of technology projects, delivering new solutions to our business. We will provide you with the training you need to develop your technical skills, whilst you will bring your customer facing skills, ensuring we maintain customer satisfaction and happiness.
- Provision of first line IT support to all users of the company network (includes internal and external customers)
- VIP support to senior company executives
- IT support at company events, ensuring stable and reliable IT at both internal and external venues
- Management of the service desk ticket queue, ensuring tickets are processed within agreed service levels
- Creation and administration of user accounts on all group technology supported systems
- Build devices, following agreed build processes
- Work closely with other IT teams to ensure swift ticket resolution
- Customer service experience, either face to face or telephone
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Windows 10, Apple IOS, Office 365
- Developed problem solving skills
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
Perks and benefits:
Pension, share scheme, private medical, ride to work scheme, season ticket loan
This role is predominantly based within our corporate head office and is part of small team, covering our business hours of 0800-1800 (Monday to Friday) and the role holder will be expected to work 3 shift patterns to cover these hours. Some travel to our other sites, predominately central London, will be needed from time to time.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.