This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A specialist investment management business.
From Edinburgh and London we manage GBP 50.1 billion ( ?60.3 billion)on behalf of UK and international clients - including wealth managers, financial advisers, family offices, pension funds, financial institutions, government agencies and individuals.
Be part of QA' s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
Your role will be to?
- Ensure that all requests and incidents raised by the business involving work from third parties ( UKIT, CC, AGT or BT)adhere to agreed standards and are handled in a speedy and efficient manner, in line with technology and infrastructure strategy
- Act as a liaison between the business and IT ( both Kames IT and UKIT) , providing a first point of contact for queries and issues, thus ensuring the smooth running of business as usual
You' re training?
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering:Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
Someone with knowledge of the following applications and processes would be useful for the role:
- Support techniques
- ITIL practices
- Basic understanding of project lifecycle
- Cherwell Service Management tool
- Core Kames applications
The ideal candidate will have?
- Strong achievement orientation
- Team working and communication skills
- Good customer focus
- Someone with ideally 5 GCSE Grades ( C and above)or equivalent, including Maths and English
Other Important Information?
Working days are from Monday-Friday, 9: 00am-5: 30pm.
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship?
You will have the opportunity to progress within the financial sector.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.