Closing Date: 03 April 2020 at Midnight
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will last for 16 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 15th July 2020
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT APPRENTICE
Reports to: Channel 4 Technical Service Manager.
Channel 4 is a publically owned, privately funded UK broadcaster with a remit to produce innovative, alternative and culturally diverse television. In order to achieve its ambitions the organisations IT services need to be delivered as efficiently, effectively and reliably as possible, including the underlying technology supporting business users to deliver their services and the platforms delivering TV and digital content to the public.
The Channel 4 Regional Service Management team, part of the wider IS Operations team, has an important role in ensuring user experience is delivered as expected within current contracts, assisting all users to get more from the technology, identifying and leading areas of service enhancement, and supporting the roll out of new technology with a particular focus on the user experience and benefit to business.
This role will be based in the Leeds Head Office but will require some travel to the other locations of London, Glasgow, Manchester and Bristol.
During your time at Channel 4 you will be asked to, amongst other things;
• Manage contacts from users, responding to queries, requests, escalations and coordinating service tasks across the team.
• Managing the logistics and administration of assets and consumables across the regional sites.
• Undertake data analysis and present the information in interesting ways to help with data and service assurance, service improvements, support project delivery and a range of decision making.
• Review performance information, quantifiable and qualitative to identify and prioritise areas for improvement.
• Support project development and delivery assisting with the development and delivery of communications, updating user guidance and knowledge articles.
• Represent Channel 4 in meetings with internal and external suppliers and stakeholder
• Assist in writing and updating of policies related to the use and management of technology.
• Engage delivery stakeholders from across the organisation and external suppliers to develop support models, associated processes, information flows, service descriptions and refine roles and responsibilities.
Level 3 Digital Support Technician
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
As well as a great sense of humour, we think to be successful here you would need to;
• Have an understanding of what Service Management is and why it is important to a business
• Strong IT skills
• Be confident
• Be flexible and pragmatic
• Have an inquisitive nature
• Have good communication skills
• Enjoy working in and with different teams
• Enjoy contributing to projects with ideas and learn from the others
And what will you get out of it?
You will get the chance to work for one of the most unique and innovative Broadcasters in the world. You will have the chance to see from the inside how Channel 4 uses technology to deliver its world-renowned service and get to be part of the IS Operations team involved in changing how the Channel will deliver in the future. Over the two years you will gain significant knowledge and be directly involved in IT Service and Project management. We will train you in the skills required to manage a complex technology service and environment, setting you on the path to success in one of the most sought after industries.
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Our apprenticeships are for people 18 years old and over, and are suitable for non-degree holders.