This fantastic IT service provider is at the spearhead of innovation by developing a set of unique, game changing solutions to help customers achieve their goals.
The business features a suite of market leading products and has a fantastic track record with building and developing staff internally.
The passion for IT and the togetherness of the team would make a great workplace for anybody who is keen to learn and start a career in the IT world.
In this role, you will provide support to the companies customers by analysing requirements, resolving incidents, providing knowledge and advice and supporting the internal systems.
You will also be responsible for assisting with administration and internal support of the Company’s staff and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, customer support, software deployment, documenting, presenting and demonstrating technologies to customers as well as assisting in maintenance, upgrades and configurations of technologies used by the employer.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide support and resolve problems to the customer’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Service Desk and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Gain an understanding of the latest Microsoft technologies
- Present and demonstrate technologies to customers
- Provide advice on support and technologies
- Update documentation and guides
- Log all Service Desk interactions
- Utilize and maintain the Service Manager (Service Desk system)
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with on boarding of new internal users and external customers
- Support managing PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
Desired Technical Skills:
- Windows Desktop (7, 8.1 & 10)
- MS Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Wireless and Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Mobile Devices (Windows Phone, iOS, Android)
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Polite, punctual, friendly
- Good communicator
- Logical problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Any Microsoft Certification
- Scripting (PowerShell)
- Active Directory technologies (DCs, OUs, GPOs)
- Windows Server technologies (Svr2008, 2012R2, 2016)
- System Center (SCOM, SCSM, SCVMM, DPM, Orchestrator)
- Operations Management Suite (Insights, Azure Backup, Azure Site Recovery)
- Enterprise Mobility Suite (Azure AD, Azure App Proxy, Azure Rights Management)
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.