A rare opportunity to work in the prestigious and rapidly expanding business that is Edinburgh Airport.
You will be working as part of a valued member in our talented IT Service Team. The role and team form the initial point of contact for Incident, Problem, Change and Request Management for users. You will have the opportunity to work and develop within all areas of the IT Team (including the IT Operations and Network Teams) providing excellent levels of service in an exciting, dynamic and fast moving environment.
Provide a consistently high quality IT service for Windows desktops, laptops, iPhones, iPads, and other business-critical hardware.
Support end-user device operating systems and applications listed in the software catalogue such as Windows 7, Microsoft Office, and business applications.Provide assistance regarding general “How To” requests for help.
Help the IT Service Team meet to exceed agreed SLAs and Customer Satisfaction scores.Follow ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Release and request management.
Common technologies in place, where experience and exposure will be advantageous include:
- Service Now (Service Management)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10Windows Server 2008 - 2012
- Microsoft Office 2010/2016
- SCCM and SCOM
- Apple iOS and apps on iPad and iPhone
- Experience of working within an IT Service Desk or 1st line support environment would be highly advantageous.
- Current, or studying for, IT / Professional qualifications
- Experience of Windows PCs and exposure to Microsoft Office.
- Excellent telephone skills plus an ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with users.
This role demonstrates the following characteristics:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- A pro-active approach to problem solving
- A high level of commitment and flexibility
- A willingness to learn about the wider Edinburgh Airport business
- An ability to work as part of a small and tight-knit team
- An ability to keep yourself updated on emerging IT related trends and technologies
Flexible working hours to support business during core hours 0800-1800 Monday to Friday. This is currently covered by rotating shifts (08:00-16:00, 09:00-17:00, 10:00- 18:00).
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.