IT Software Apprenticeship - Leeds (LS13) - 8511
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Leeds remove
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a fast growing business with excellent career and learning progression opportunities. Apply now to kick-start your career!
You will be working for...
A company that designs, develops and manufactures bespoke and in-house products for the Internet of Things ( IoT) . They specialise in remote monitoring and control using mobile technology ( GSM/GPRS/3G) ;They also design solutions using Wi-Fi/ low power RF/ Ethernet and USB. Their main in-house products are tracking related;specifically HGV trailer tracking and asset tracking, these tracking systems are designed to be contract free and powered from batteries for up to 3 years with minimal installation i.e. no hard wiring required. Our Client have designed many bespoke systems, including water table monitoring, pollution monitoring, humidity and temperature monitoring, product control panel including remote control and monitoring.
Be part of QA' s 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK' s tech explosion!
In this job you will be...
- Learning coding to develop our products and services
- Helping with assembly and testing
- Learning, designing and developing front and back end websites using:- Java - HTML - .net
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Expected to carry out any ad hoc duties on a day to day basis
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment, covering:Object-oriented programming ( OOP) , SQL data modelling, Web and systems development, Event-driven programming.
You will gain City &Guilds Level 3 qualifications in IT Systems &Principles and IT Professional Competence, as well as a Microsoft Technology Associate ( MTA)in software development fundamentals. This fantastic opportunity can potentially lead to you earning GBP 40k in the IT sector.
Who should apply?
- Someone with a passion to develop coding skills
- Someone who can prioritise own work with minimum supervision and can work on own initiative
- Someone with good communication skills
- Someone who is able to work independently as well as part of a team
- A fast learner that can adapt to the changing technologies easily
- Someone with ideally 7 GCSE Grades ( C and above)or equivalent, including Maths and English
After successful completion of apprenticeship there will more opportunities for development and progression within the company.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Software &Web Development apprenticeship with QA and begin your Software &Web Developer career with great prospects today.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe' s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Sign-up or log in to apply