This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
A cloud based WiFi management controller, which makes setting up and maintaining a public WiFi network extremely easy. Our clients can get real time insight into who’s visiting their venue and how long they stay for with the scope for generating revenue by charging for access. The platform is extremely disruptive to the status quo, minimising the on-going cost and hefty setup fees typically associated with products in this category. Our system is easy to install, easy to operate, and doesn’t cost the earth
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!Do you want to work for a company that’s changing how brands communicate with their customers? A place where you’re going to have an impact from day one and really be a part of something?This is your chance to join a small, ambitious and fast-growing tech company based in Leith, Edinburgh. BLACKBX is a SaaS product; a powerful marketing solution, powered by WiFi used by the hospitality sector with customers including Live Nation and used by millions of people.
In the last three years, we’ve gone from nothing to more customers you can shake a stick at. This means no suits, no politics and a get-stuff-done culture where you can make your mark and take as much responsibility as you can handle. Come prove yourself - there’s no glass ceiling.
Customer Support is all about, you guessed it, supporting our customers in our product. This means being there to support them if things go wrong and helping them to be successful with our product!. This is a customer facing role so you must be a comfortable, confident and experienced communicator; on the telephone and in writing.
- Solving problems!
- 1st line support via Telephone, Email Ticketing and LiveChat - understanding the issue and triaging effectively whilst maintaining open communication channels with the customer
- 2nd line support, functional & technical
- Helping the product team to manage improvements
- Testing - new features and bug fixes
- Manage, maintain and improve infrastructure supporting our product including internal and external Knowledge Bases
- Supporting partners out in the field (you on the phone, supporting a partner who is on site)Implementing all-new BLACKBX customers
- Working with 3rd party IT providers to implement as above
We hire people, not CVs
Here are the personal traits and experience we’re looking for:
- Quick learner, value-driven, highly inquisitive
- Energetic, enthusiastic with a strong desire to always improve
- Strong record of success in whatever you have done
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
Whilst not essential, the following will certainly help:
Call centre experience
Previous technical support experience Technical Skills
We’re not expecting you to have skills in all of the below however these are the technical things that support our product so being confident in learning them is essential:
Networking technologies - LAN / WAN and Wireless
Core internet technologies - Routing and Switching, DNS, DHCP, OSI Model
Professional grade WiFi Access Points & their cloud controllers (Ubiquiti UniFi, Ruckus, Cisco Meraki, OpenMesh)
Infrastructure technology; EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, IAM, Lambda, API Gateway
Cloud providers, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Marketing software used within Hospitality; Mailchimp, DotMailer, Facebook, Constant Contact, Zapier, Drift etc.
Support ticketing software and CRM i.e. ZenDesk, ZohoDesk, AutoTask etc.
37 hours per week
£10,000 per annum
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.