We are a Reading based software development company that specializes in software for the legal sector as well as providing e-commerce platforms to businesses. We have a friendly team of testers, software developers and businesses development staff and there is an excellent team culture with regular organization of social events throughout the year.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
The Apprentice IT Support and Infrastructure Engineer position requires a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and an aptitude to problem-solving and learning new technologies.
Reporting to the QA and Test Manager within the customer services team you will work closely with other members of the software development and test teams in the organization, as well as 3rd party partners and customers.
Your role will be to work toward attaining the following skills and qualities
- Working with customers who report software issues and assist in first-line support through our ticketing system and progressing to second-line support as your knowledge improves.
- Install and configure our own off the shelf software products and assist our customers with support issues.
- Assist our sales and marketing team with software setup, configuration, and client demos.
- Assist with performing backups of the company’s data and VMWare Infrastructure.
- Assist with performing patching and software upgrade and maintenance of the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Assist the software test team with managing, cataloguing and maintaining the virtual infrastructure test environments.
- Identify opportunities that can improve the efficiency of business processes.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our own products, and custom-built client applications.
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assist other members of the team with application installation and testing.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- Knowledge of data processing, and enterprise software applications.
- Be able to build, test and document installation environments for our own software products.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high-pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
- Microsoft Certifications.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
You will be expected to have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Outlook, Excel. You will have a good working knowledge of Personal Computers and will be comfortable with the use of the Internet in a safe and in a secure manner. Any previous process automation or scripting skills will be an advantage.
Desired Personal qualities:
You will be analytically minded, have the ability to solve problems, excellent oral and written English communication skills, and good levels of numeracy.
Desired qualification requirements:
Must have 6 GCSEs A-C/9-4 Grades including Maths and English grade D/3 or Equivalent)
Working week: 9.00am - 17.30pm
Salary: £14000 Per Annum
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.