IT SUPPORT APPRENTICE – BOND STREET
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- London remove
Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
We are looking for a Junior IT Infrastructure Technician to support and provide monitoring of our network infrastructure. You will be part of a team that is responsible for maintaining and developing our IT infrastructure, so that it meets business objectives and SLAs.
We can provide the successful candidate a great platform to learn, with the potential for further certifiable training available to give them the tools and real-world experience to succeed.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
· Gain an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the company’s operations and procedures;
· Learn to work with and configure (in development test environments) - install various network devices and services (e.g. telephony equipment, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS);
· Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability;
· Monitor system resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning;
· Provide support and troubleshooting to resolve issues;
· Learn to work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure;
· Update departmental documentation and ticketing system resources;
· Work with engineers to implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team;
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
· Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Keen and willing to learn
· Team player
· Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website – www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices are able to choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways – Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well – hey presto – YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!Sign-up or log in to apply