Quality Compliance Systems (QCS) maintains a clear market leading position in the UK Care sector. The service provides access to the most comprehensive set of customised Care sector policies, procedures and mock inspection toolkits in a software offering.
QCS strives to build a trusted and respected brand based on the quality of our content and our commitment to supporting Care providers to deliver outstanding care and achieving our purpose of creating a fairer and more compassionate world.
The IT Support Apprentice provides day-to-day technical support to all employees of QCS. They ensure the security, smooth access and running of all internal and cloud applications, providing this support in a robust, resilient and secure way with the ability to recover in the event of failure.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide day to day technical support professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service
- Ensure that all users’ queries are responded to in a timely fashion
- Work effectively and productively with IT Manager to resolve issues that IT are responsible for
- Take ownership of user problems and fix the issue
- Document all IT calls on the call logging system
- Maintain user security on all applications and systems
- Maintain data backups
- Support users in the use of technology equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Purchase hardware and software according to the defined IT policies
- Maintain and support set policies, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems both Windows 2008 and Cloud Office Products
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- Knowledge of Networking (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi)
- Knowledge of Active Directory (AD) and Group Policies (GPO)
- Knowledge of Good Security Practice with Cyber Security training completed
- Knowledge of Office 365 environment
- Knowledge of business applications including Sage Line 50 and Salesforce
- Knowledge of VoIP solutions and able to administer Call Handlers and Call Flows
- Knowledge of Remote Access tools such as TeamViewer, GoToMeeting
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi display and Skype for Business
- Good understanding of PC hardware and software set-up and configuration
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Personal discipline
5 GCSE's, grade A*-C. Including Maths and English.
Potential for career progression.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.