CIT provide market leading IT support services, and have done for over 25 years; it’s what we do and it’s what we do well. Through our network of six offices, we provide local IT support to over 350 SME clients, but it’s how we deliver it that is most important.
Working directly for Complete I.T. as an IT Apprentice, you will be providing helpdesk support to the user base at our site. You will be provided with daily back-up and support from our Helpdesk and the Technical Consultant, as well as the on-site IT Manager.
You will be responsible for supporting desktop users, server administration, and the network infrastructure within our organisation.
You will resolve a portion of requests made by users at the site and will also assist with the smooth running of their IT systems.
We offer innovative and entertaining gift solutions and work with clients and retailers to offer bespoke gift or party ideas.
In order to apply, you will need a current, clean and full driving licence, as well as access to your own car, as they are essential for this role which will involve travelling to different clients sites.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Fielding support calls and user requests
- Resolving 1stand 2nd line user calls
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Changing backup tapes
- Ensuring the antivirus is updated
- Performing daily checks as set out by the business
- Assessing the suitability of new technology
- Managing third party relationships
- To perform such other duties that may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by your Line Manager
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Proactive motivated approach to customer service
- Logical, structured approach to solving problems
- Hands-on approach
- Professional demeanour
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
You will need a full driving licence, as well as access to your own car, as they are essential for this role.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
You will have the opportunity to become a full time member of the team, as have many other apprentices have - Some have also gone on to do higher level schemes.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.