The Bannatyne Group is the owner and operator of a portfolio of Health Clubs, Spas and Hotels across England, Scotland, Wales, as well as 1 Health Club and Spa in Belfast. The Group was founded in 1996 and currently operates 72 Health Clubs, 47 of which have bespoke Spa facilities, and 4 Hotels. The Group is a premium Health Club and Spa operator with over 200,000 members and one of the few with a national footprint in Great Britain.
Job overview / Purpose of the post:
They are currently looking to recruit an IT Apprentice to join their Support team based in the Darlington Head Office.
Under the guidance of senior staff, you’re role will be to provide specialist support in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of computing, audio, visual, printing and telephony equipment across the business.
Main duties and responsibilities: [You’re role will be to:]
- Provide first line support to staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, printing and telephony equipment
- Assist with the purchase, set up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment
- Install and configure software applications
- Help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary
- Assist with the upkeep of the IT asset register/inventory
- Maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computer rooms and equipment
- Set up, maintain and organise repairs for various computing, audio-visual and telephony equipment
- Work towards and complete an Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship
- Be aware of and abide by the business’s health and safety procedures and associated policies
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the IT Manager
- Working for the Bannatyne Group is more than just a job -- At Bannatyne, they are dedicated to well-being and are always seeking energetic, personable people to join their teams
- Passion for IT and problem solving
- Very good Numeracy and Literacy skills
- Experience of Windows/Apple Operating Systems & Enthusiasm for IT
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Interested candidates should have at least 3 GCSE's at C or above,
- Plus Maths and English at grade D or above,
- And a desire to build a career in IT.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Full use of the health club facilities and discounts to products and services including their luxury spa treatments
- They offer a cycle to work scheme alongside many high street store discounts and are committed to people development whichever level of experience you enter the organisation at, ensuring every employee has the opportunity to be the best they can be
Career development opportunities through the company succession planning programme are available, with some courses even having external professional body accreditation.
- Subsidised meals whilst on shift (40% discount)
- 30% staff discount on spa treatments
- 20% on products, meals & overnight hotel stays at any of the Bannatyne Hotels.
- Cycle to work scheme
- High street and entertainment saving vouchers
- Free use of gym facilities
- Employee Assistance Programme (Free 24hr personal support service)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.