DP Systems started life as an IT Support only provider, but has expanded its forte to cover IT, Business Technology, Audio Visual and Telephone Systems suited to the Small Medium Enterprise. This growth is a result of passionate leadership and the hard work of what is now 12 devoted IT professionals - with skills encompassing Microsoft, Apple, Avaya, Citrix, VMWare, Sonicwall, HP, Cisco, BlackBerry and more.
DP Systems is looking for a customer service driven IT Helpdesk engineer to be based in Barking, Essex, to join the company and progress to 2nd and 3rd level over time.
We are looking for someone who is driven by passion, wants to constantly learn and is very focused on impressing customers!
With a track record of 30 years with an astounding client retention, we are a business focused on expanding, increasing our horizons and getting the best people. We offer a work hard, play hard environment, with a dynamic friendly team.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Answering the incoming helpdesk calls that are logged via email, telephone and in person
- Investigating and resolving the logged helpdesk calls, escalating where needed
- Providing Telephone and / or Remote Support to solve customer problems/requests
- Visiting customer sites to install PCs, Laptops, software and upgrades as well as solve problems
- Working on new projects, building systems in the office for remote and on-site setup
- Proven experience in installing & configuring & supporting Windows XP, and Win 7
- Supporting PCs/Laptops/Tablets in a Windows Domain
- Supporting Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 / 2016
- Supporting & Administering Office365 & Outlook Users
- Ability to rebuild workstations, laptops
- Installation of general PC / Network based software, Office, Sage/Adobe etc.
- Cabling; Cat5e, Patching & Terminating
- General experience of Active Directory
- Familiar with IPHONES, IPADS, Blackberry & Android Devices for Email and Web use
- Able to use remote support tools such as RDP, Teamviewer, PC Anywhere and Logmein
- Ability to understand IP networks and debugging of basic network problems
- Able to configure ADSL Routers, WIFI Access Points, NAS Boxes, Network Printers, Scanners
- Solid, proven communications skills to be able to provide Support over the phone and face to face
- Customer Service driven
- Self-motivated to find answers, solutions and satisfy customer demands
- Able to understand deadlines, client needs and goals of business and turn projects around meeting deadlines
- Minimum 5 GCSE's including English and Maths
- A-Levels = Desirable
Progression to higher level Apprenticeship and full-time employment.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.