IT Support Apprentice
Information Asset Management Solution is a strategic information asset management company providing managed IT and information management services to businesses and individuals. We do not just provide IT support to our clients, we provide solutions including data management and software development to help our clients.
- User support (Provide support both remotely and face to face)
- Handling of the daily IT related operations of the client
- Provide Level 1 technical support for all clients remotely or onsite
- Managing purchasing of equipment
- Purchase orders and assigning invoices to the budget.
- Gathering of information, analysing symptoms and figuring out how to resolve all IT related issues that employees may face during their day to day operations
- The successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to assist in the configuration and operation of the company’s IT Infrastructure (this will include configuration and support of Local Area)
- Install, support and maintain computer hardware and software infrastructure
- Ensure all computer systems are functioning properly including file servers, database servers, POS terminals, CCTV, internet connection, PA System, WAN and VPN connection
- Liaise and negotiate with vendors or suppliers on quotation for setup, implementation, repair and maintenance of IT hardware & software
- To take ownership of Project work streams assigned by Directors
- Maintain proper administration records of IT equipment inventory, application software inventory, software licenses, IT equipment movement, networking & other IT related information
- Provide training, guidance and support to end users
You will be working with:
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 (Outlook troubleshooting)
- Exchange 2013
- TCP/IP and DNS
- CVS and essential datamine – MySQL, phpMyAdmin, MSSQL
- Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, Office 365)
- Android and IOS
- Familiar with Windows operation systems and Microsoft office applications
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Good command of spoken and written English to understand user issues and provide workarounds
- Ability to multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision.
- 2 months experience in an IT environment
- Be able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Have a good understanding of IT as a whole (areas including, hardware, software, mobile apps and networking)
- You will need to have a Full UK Driving License as this is a mobile role that involves travelling.
A - Level/B-tech or Equivalent in IT based subject.
- Competitive salary
- On the job training
- Ability to tap into the experience of seasoned IT professionals
- Free coffee
- Free weekly fruit in the office
- Take your pick of online training courses on the company academy account
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Sign-up or log in to apply