Established in 2008, Cloud2 are a digital workplace specialist and a leading Microsoft Gold partner. They provide IT services that improve and enhance business performance. They are now looking for an IT apprentice join their forward thinking team.
If you're interested in technology, you could be the perfect fit for the role. Working as part of the IT support team, this is a fast paced and varied role that will see you providing remote helpdesk support to clients and providing maintenance on internal servers, networks and equipment. Located in Bradford, there is onsite parking and the office is easily accessible via public transport links.
For more information about the company please visit their website: https://cloud2.co.uk/
Roles & Responsibilities (will include but not be limited to):
Cloud2 are currently experiencing a sustained growth period and as a result, are looking for a proactive apprentice to join their team.
Working within the Technical Team and reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, your daily duties and responsibilities will include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Completing the initial diagnosis of support cases by either resolving the procedure or escalating as necessary
- Managing all cases and customer requests from identification to resolution and closure, ensuring SLAs are met
- Answering telephone and email support requests
- Provide remote support to clients
- Technical troubleshooting covering hardware, software and network systems
- Hardware and software configuration dependent on client requirements
- Routine maintenance of computer systems, internal servers and networks
Full training and support will be provided throughout your apprenticeship by Baltic Apprenticeships and Cloud2.
Desired qualities, skills & knowledge:
- A genuine interest in IT systems and computers is essential
- Basic knowledge of cloud and virtualization would be desirable but not essential
- Good listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to think logically and possess problem-solving skills
- Proactive and willing to learn on apprenticeship and the job
- A-C at GCSE in English & Maths
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- £10,700 per year
- Monday - Friday, 9.00 am - 5.30 pm (37.5 hours)
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Team social events
- Run internal fun competitions e.g. decathlon
- Further Microsoft Training
- Opportunity to receive free sports massage once a month
- Upon completion of 3-month probation, you will receive free gym membership and be entitled to Netflix, Amazon Prime & Spotify accounts
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Baltic Apprenticeships were the first training provider to offer a completely tech-focused, tech-driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application, one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage. In the meantime, if you want to get a head start on the other applicants, expand your knowledge with the links provided!
Baltic Apprenticeships - Information, advice and guidance
Individuals must have a valid and eligible residency status to apply for this role. For more information, please read Annex A on the below document: