Nexus 365 Solutions are IT outsourcing experts. We specialise in IT Consultancy, IT Support and Outsourced IT Management. We can look after your laptops, desktops, servers and networks (it doesn't matter if you're using PCs or Macs). With over 20 years of expertise in support we'll give honest, to the point advice without the flannel and technobabble associated with some IT professionals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a ‘Tech savvy’ individual to join us. The job role will consist of supporting, internal and external clients in all IT related duties, ensuring excellent customer service is delivered and all IT related issues are resolved. True MSP are an up and coming IT MSP, with a mix of experience ranging from senior to ground level employees many of whom, were once apprentices themselves. This dynamic has produced a fantastic culture whereby employee's do not wish to leave, as being huge advocates of the apprenticeship system has helped TrueMSP mould their staff members to meet business needs, adopt the company's ethos and develop staff internally. As part of this process, TrueMSP are ready to embark on recruiting further apprentices to join their team due to client demand. Initially you will start on the IT helpdesk in order to learn the fundamentals of the business however, growth is available into other positions should you possess the right passion and drive.
Day to day duties may include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Responding to IT related tickets
- Setting up new PC’s/Laptops
- Setting up new users on internal systems
- Networking PC’s to printers, scanners and other hardware
- Trouble shooting and technical fault diagnostics for clients and colleagues through remote access and on-site support
- Remote access to assist with the installations of both software and drivers for hardware for MS Office to communicate with
- Administrative tasks such as chasing server checks and printer readings (Full training and support will be provided as part of the 15 month apprenticeship
- To oversee the provision of the school’s IT, based on user (pupil, teaching, non-teaching and parental) needs.
- To oversee all aspects of the school network, data services (currently SchoolBase MIS and G Suite), IT support and AV services.
- To liaise closely with relevant parties in the development and implementation of academic requirements relating to IT and MIS.
- In conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, ensure compliance of all IT related products and procedures at school.
- To advise on the development of the information systems for teaching, finance, development, enterprises, HR, marketing and alumni and other non-teaching areas.
- To assist with any IT contractor appointments.
- To ensure a customer ‘IT user’, led approach to all IT matters – academic and non-academic.
- To provide IT support at Open events, exam release and results days, assemblies and other key school events, ensuring all equipment is set up and working.
- To maintain and administer the School’s IT budget, liaising with the IT consultant and the Head of Marketing and Development.
- To build, maintain and use the school’s HelpDesk system.
- Responsible for the school’s sound and lighting equipment.
- To work closely with the IT consultant to ensure projects are planned and delivered in a timely manner.
- To be part of the School’s SchoolBase User Group.
- To undertake any other task as may be reasonably expected of the postholder as directed by the Line Manager or the Head.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Keen interest in IT
- Good team work ethic
- Good time keeping and efficiency
- Desire to progress in IT
- Good interpersonal skills
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.