The Mirfield Free Grammar School & Colne Valley High School.
The MFG Academies Trust presently comprises of 2 Secondary schools and one Junior school located in Kirklees Local Authority.
The MFG is an 11-18 secondary Academy of 1600 students including Mirfield College. It became a Convertor Academy in April 2011.
In October 2013, The MFG became a MAT and Sponsor to enable it to sponsor Colne Valley High School (CVHS), an 11-16 secondary school of 1,200 students, to become an academy. This was achieved in September 2014.
In April 2015, The MFG Academies Trust sponsored Marsden Junior School (MJS), a 7-11 Junior school of 175 pupils, to become an academy. Marsden Junior School is in the “Pyramid” of CVHS.
Since MFG becoming a Technology College in 1995, we have invested heavily in ensuring the ICT facilities are kept up-to-date, reflect practice in the workplace and help support teaching and learning in the classroom.
We are looking to recruit someone within a busy IT environment.
This is a demanding role within a fast paced environment that calls for high levels of customer service and attention to detail.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the support, management and development of the IT infrastructure within the MFG Academy
- Contribute to the Continual Service Improvement of IT Services
- Provide day-to-day maintenance support in the use of computer facilities within the MFG Academy to support staff, students and the curriculum
- Providing first line helpdesk support to students, staff, contractors and visitors
- Installing new software, hardware upgrades and replacing components as required
- Maintaining the upkeep of the school I.T. inventory
- Monitoring and logging helpdesk issues on the IT support request system
- Supporting staff setting up and preparing equipment around the school e.g. assembly setup, presentation evening etc.
- Setting up laptops, projectors, whiteboards, sound system as and when required ensuring they are ready to use
- Restoring and transferring user data
- Contacting 3rd parties as required
- Providing basic maintenance and cleaning support for all computer equipment and networks, including the connection and commission of new equipment, and security marking
- Secure and safe setup of ICT equipment in classrooms
- Checking, recording, monitoring and advising on consumable stock levels
- Installing consumables. i.e. toners
- Replacing peripheral devices such as keyboard, mice
- Using systems to setup accounts, reset passwords
- Setup and install printers
- Ensuring that as far as possible, pupils are not exposed to inappropriate materials on the network
- To receive and check deliveries and associated invoices
- Ensuring virus protection is kept up to date
- Experience of Microsoft operating systems and Office packages
- Knowledge of Windows applications
- Health and safety awareness
- Confident and able to communicate with people of differing abilities and age
- Have good organisational skills
- Be enthusiastic and positive
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience of using Office 365 and Outlook
- Will need to be reliable, confident, understanding and supportive
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to prioritise
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic about ICT
- Attention to detail
- Well motivated
5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
8:30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37.5hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.