We are specialists in Mobile Computing, Data Capture and Warehouse Management. Combining our customisable software with the highest quality hardware and using barcodes as a language, we are providing the most cost effective and work efficient package for better Warehouse Management.
We are looking for a support technician to help the company grow and help deliver a fantastic overall experience to customers, by delivering an excellent professional level of support and customer service, both on the phone and when customers are experiencing problems.
You will be giving technical support to customers and helping with all queries. You will be taking the calls, logging the issues and emailing the customers back with updates. You need to be excellent with customer service and prepared to go the extra mile to help solve issues.
You will receive support and training from work colleagues but will also be supported and encouraged to research and solve problems independently.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of technical aspects of IT support and admin, whilst developing your existing skills.
[Full training and support will be provided as part of the apprenticeship.]
- Provide 1st line support to staff via phone and email
- Log incoming calls and troubleshoot where possible
- Document procedures, information and resolutions to a high standard
- Configure and replace IT equipment such as Microsoft Windows PCs and laptops
- Resolve issues with mobile devices,
- Offer administrative support to the IT team
- Manage daily backups
- Assist with desk telephone issues and configuration
- Maintain the company file structure
- Report to the IT Manager
- Arrange Hardware repairs
- Learn company software
- Test software
- Install software onto hand-held devices
- Arrange deliveries and collections
- Have a general level of technical knowledge
- Be able to set up and configure software and hardware
- Be capable of learning new software
- Must be a professional individual
- Will be disciplined and have good attention to detail
- Make sure Procedures & Process are diligently followed and maintained
- Help ensure team behaviour is of a professional standard
- Help maintain offices to the company standard
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday – Friday,
9am to 5:30pm,
37.5hrs per week, [All details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 - £12,000 per annum.
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
- 20 days holiday entitlement + bank holidays
- Social events
- Progression opportunities
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.