My client are a leading global security company who provide innovative systems, productions and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR,space, strike and logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Provisioning of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Ensure that all requests from users are logged, updated and closed in line with operational level agreements
- First line service desk call management via telephone, email, tickets and walk ins
- Install, configure and deploy computer system hardware and software including but not limited to operating system and application software
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software and peripheral devices
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Assist the Network and Server team to ensure that the appropriate patches, hot fixes, and service packs are installed on company-owned or licensed software in a timely manner
- Check system backups daily and escalate any problems identified
- Follow all Northrop Grumman policies and procedures
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment
- Provide technical, operational and training support to departmental personnel for all computer related equipment, peripherals, accessories and components
- Suggests ways to improve department workflow. Keeps manager informed of problems or issues
- Maintain hardware/software inventory
Opportunity to travel to other UK sites as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Customer focused and communicates effectively and professionally with all levels of employees
Personal qualities: To fulfil the requirements of this job, the post-holder must have…
- An interest in IT and customer support
- An engaging, proactive and 'can do' attitude
- A willingness to learn on the job
- A willingness to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- 5 GCSE’s, grade A to C.
The potential to be offered a full time role.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.