Accesspoint Technologies Ltd is an independent specialist legal IT provider who consult on a variety of IT related issues, offering the best in IT solutions to help firms work more effectively.
We have a growing portfolio of clients and employ a strong team of well-known individuals with good Legal IT grounding and knowledge. With a focus on supplying high quality support services and innovative IT solutions to the legal sector, we are committed to improving our clients’ business performance across all working partnerships. We provide hosted systems and support for backup, storage and disaster recovery, managing and delivering a range of services.
We’re looking for apprentices wishing to start on a career in IT. You will be able to use your excellent problem solving and communication skills to work with colleagues and clients in order to resolve a range of issues dealt with by the support desk on a daily basis.
We will guide you through our training programme, supporting you to be fully operational within the team. The right candidate can expect to progress on to Second Line Support and then to the Infrastructure Team.
- As an integral part of the Support team, you will provide advice and technical support to the clients that call the Support Desk
- You will keep detailed and accurate records of all calls
- You will have a broad knowledge across all technology areas
- You will need to quickly assess the severity and priority of your team’s calls and take the appropriate action to provide the most effective solution. This will include escalating potential problems such as the use of unauthorised software, major software/hardware outages, dangerous operating practices and the rise of loss or damage to hardware or software, which could be discovered during your day-today support activities
- You will assist with identifying trends through the calls and tickets from clients
- You will be effective at collaborating with the Infrastructure Team
- As a provider of first line IT support to all levels of staff in the client base, you will need to maintain high standards of professional service at all times
- You may from time to time, be asked to attend client sites and will be expected to dress appropriately and be professional at all times
- You will have the ability to stay calm, even when under pressure and promote a professional impression to our customers
- Any other task or duty requested of you by the company Directors or the management team
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- You will have demonstrable diagnostic and problem solving skills and be able to give examples of when and how you have used your own initiative to deal with complex issues
- In order to deal with the varied user base, you will have strong client-facing skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be equally comfortable dealing in technical and non-technical terms as the situation dictates
- You will be able to dress, speak and behave in a professional manner
- You will be a confident team player
- You will be able to quickly assess and prioritise tasks
- You will have the ability to stay calm under pressure.
- You must have working knowledge of the following key applications/Operating systems: Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft Word 2010 and 2013, Microsoft Outlook 2010 and 2013, Internet Explorer, Exchange
- Basic working knowledge of network components
- Working knowledge of some of the following hardware: Blackberry, PC, Laptop, Printer, iPhone, Copiers, Scanners, peripherals
- Good knowledge of some of the following applications: Autotask, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office 2016, Office 365, Big hand, AuthAnvil, Tikit, Laserforms, Oyez forms
- Some technical experience in a client focused environment
- Familiar with using a call logging and escalation package
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above including English and Maths
- Any previous IT qualifications/certificates
- We offer a competitive salary with pension
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
You will have an opportunity to gain a full-time opportunity or progress onto a higher-level apprenticeship programme.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.