CIT provide market leading IT support services, and have done for over 25 years; it’s what we do and it’s what we do well. Through our network of six offices, we provide local IT support to over 350 SME clients, but it’s how we deliver it that is most important.
Of course we have the highest levels of technical expertise and accreditations to resolve your issues, but we also have a genuine passion for understanding your business, its goals, its challenges. We don’t just fix your problems, we find ways to improve your systems and positively impact on your team and your business.
As an IT apprentice, your main function will be to provide 1st line support to the user base. Bulley Davey is a successful, forward thinking provider of accounting, tax and business advice services. Bulley Davey were established in 1935 and have 8 offices in the UK with around 120 users. You will support desktop/laptop users via helpdesk calls and direct requests. You will also assist with the day to day running of the IT department and smooth running of business IT systems.
Main role and Responsibilities:
- Act as point of contact for the Client and Complete I.T.
- Fielding support calls and user requests
- Logging calls on the helpdesk software
- Resolving 1st line user calls
- Supporting the IT team with 2nd and 3rd line issues by escalating to Complete I.T.
- Monitoring back-ups
- Ensuring antivirus is updated
- Performing daily checks as set out by the business
- Assessing the suitability of new technology
- Controlling stock and licensing management
- Building new mobile devices and phones as required – plus support
- Provision of support for remote client sites
- Provision of support for remote workers
- Maintaining the asset register
- Supporting third party applications
- Managing third party relationships – acting on behalf of the Client with all 3rd parties
- To perform such other duties that may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Complete I.T. Management Team and the Client
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Good presentation skills
- Proactive motivated approach to customer service
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
8:30am to 5pm.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.