Graphnet Health was formed 25 years ago and is today the UK’s no.1 leading supplier of integrated care record software to the NHS and care services. We are part of the System C and Graphnet Care Alliance.
We are a British Company with a pedigree as a Healthcare and IT specialist. Clinicians specifically for use in the UK Health and Social care system design all our products.
We are seeking an IT apprentice / junior IT support analyst to join our team based in Milton Keynes. The role will involve providing General IT support for multiple stakeholders via telephone, e-mail and face to face.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for IT or someone looking for an entry-level support role in IT.
The ideal candidate will be someone who wishes to grow and learn in the role. Training will be provided for the right candidate via QA’s Infrastructure Technician Level 3.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- Assist with providing 1st and 2nd line helpdesk support on a daily basis
- Responsible for ensuring that all IT helpdesk requests are logged / triaged using helpdesk software
- Assist with the production of user documentation / wikis
- Assist with the maintenance of our internal infrastructure and network
- Responsible for escalating support requests to an appropriate team member as and when required
- Contribute to the smooth running of an out of hours IT support rota
- Assist with ensuring that software updates and patches are applied to all PC’s when required
- Proactively react to any issues or problems detected whilst running antivirus software and taking the necessary actions
- Responsible for the upkeep of the IT Asset Register, including hardware, software, audio visual and telephone systems
- Assist with the implementation of IT projects as and when required
- Contribute to the policing of IT quality standards throughout the firm
- Assist the IT Services team by carrying out training duties as and when required
- You need to have some experience of supporting IT in a controlled environment
- Understands computing fundamentals
- Comfortable in troubleshooting software / hardware issues
- Strong communication skills in order to successfully explain IT concepts to non-technical colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Professionalism and a willingness to work under close guidance and supervision
- Attention to detail
Desirable, but not essential:
- IT support for 1+ year
- IT Qualification e.g. CompTIA / A+, Network +, ITIL
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Skype for Business / Microsoft Teams
- Video and Phone Conferencing
- Mobile Devices / Mobile Device Management
- GCSE / College Leaver or equivalent
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s, including Math’s/English at grade C and above
- Any IT related qualifications/training
Permanent full time position or opportunity to progress onto a higher-level apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.