JOSEPH modernised women. As the sixties drew to a close, Casablanca-born Joseph Ettedgui imagined a revolution in the way we buy fashion and so created a conceptual boutique to discover new ideas and new designers. Joseph brought Kenzo and Castelbajac to the world's attention, championed Azzedine Alaïa and Yohji Yamamoto, chose Norman Foster to design a store, and was the first in London to sell Prada.
Job role / Main responsibilities:
- Support the IT Team with providing IT support to all users and stores
- Proactively triage incidents on the IT Support Portal, requesting further info where required, assigning to various IT support areas and escalating where necessary
- Provide deskside support to users and stores (travel between sites may be required)
- Configure and deploy workstations and laptops
- Configure and deploy mobile phones and tablets
- Monitor backup jobs and schedule
- Identify common issues and write solution documents to be published on the IT Support Portal
- Troubleshoot common network and WiFi issues
- Basic User Admin tasks (create accounts, update passwords, assign Office 365 licenses etc.)
What qualities and skills are we looking for?
- Good communication and listening skills
- Strong willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Sound judgement, tact and discretion
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.