Instoremedia UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of Digital Signage Software. We have multiple high street brands as customers who use our software to send movies and other interactive content, including age and gender recognition, to multimedia screens across Europe.
Come and start your career in IT with a friendly multimedia IT company, which is a leader in its field.
Currently seeking an ambitious individual who is looking to start their IT career within a small fast-paced business.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
Providing 1st and 2nd line support for:
• Software incidents
• Hardware incidents
• Networking/telecom incidents
Other duties include:
• General troubleshooting
• Assisting in composing support material such as Microsoft Word and Excel Documents
• Liaising and working with our development team
• Your role is regarded as a first step and skills learned will be transferable to other positions within the company
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• A willingness to learn
• A love of IT which could include computers/software/computer games/tech or gadgets
• Analytical & enjoys problem solving
• Hardworking and reliable
• Good written and verbal skills
• Due to the location, the ideal candidate should be a car owner but this is not essential
Desired qualification requirements:
The candidate will need 5 GCSE's including Maths and English, as well as a passion for all things IT.
Monday - Friday,
9am – 6:15pm,
40hrs per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£12,000 - £15,000 per annum, based on your experience
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
• Friendly office
• Idyllic location
• Potential full time role
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.