LAN Support is a leading IT solutions and services partner providing companies with innovative technologies to assist with business transformation. When proposing architectural changes we ensure company objectives are always met whilst appreciating simplicity of architectures wherever possible, which leads to significant long term cost reductions.
Vacancy Description: (Main responsibilities)
- Working with & supporting the team
- Administrative duties as necessary
- Handling of customer support enquiries on the telephone and through email.
- Working towards technical accreditations
- Evaluating new technologies
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around networking, firewalls and routing protocols
- Working towards building skills and knowledge around the Microsoft portfolio and Virtualisation Technologies
- Extensive use of Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Project and Outlook and other software packages including sage
- Well presented
- Have experience of using computers at a reasonable level
- A quick learner
- Professional in their attitude
- Keen on career progression
- Flexible and willing to learn
- An understanding of IT
- Able to demonstrate good initiative
- Good to excellent communication skills
- Ambitious attitude
- An excellent attendance record
- Interest in Technology
- A good team player
- Team player
- An exceptional interest in IT, networking and IT infrastructures would really assist the successful applicant
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- Good standard of English and Mathematics
- LAN Support will provide additional training through a variety of methods online, on the job or classroom based where appropriate, over and above the externally provided training as part of the apprenticeship scheme
- The option of a full time role once the apprenticeship is completed (with a salary boost)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.